Thursday, June 3, 2021

Who Said That I'm Not Having Fun

In the past year I have not posted a lot on Facebook.  That could be because we have not done as much as we had in years past.  It could also be because I wasn't on Facebook as much due to the ignorant comments during the pandemic and presidential election.  I think the real reason that I didn't post much, however, was because I didn't want to come across as bragging.  The Heinisch family had had a successful year despite the adversities thrown at everyone in 2020.  

Thus, when I did post about a few items I was a little surprised by the comments.  Most were supportive and nice, but a few got under my skin.  "Glad to see you're finally out and about,"  "Happy that you're finally having fun," were just a few that I read that seemed to imply that I had had not enjoyed myself this past year.  Nothing could have been further from the truth.  Yes, there were struggles, but as a family we grew closer because of them.  Doug and I spent more time together this past year than we had since college.  All of the Heinisch children found success at school or work with promotions, bonuses, fantastic grades, and a newfound appreciation for life in general.  

I would never want to live through another pandemic again, but I also don't want to go back to the hustle and bustle of life before it either.  I have come to appreciate being alone, talking to my adult children and spending a relaxing night in playing games or watching a movie.  I'm happy that we no longer have to worry about coronavirus much anymore, but other than that it really was a happy year for me.  I didn't need to post that on Facebook to prove it to anyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment