Wednesday, June 30, 2021

I Hate My Washer & Dryer

 For the past two years I have had recurring issues with our main dryer.  For weeks at a time, it just won't turn on.  I spin the dial, press all of the buttons, open and close the door, and clean out the lint trap.  Nothing that I have tried has worked consistently.  Sometimes after days of not being used, it will just start right up like normal.  I'd call someone out to look at it, but the last time I did, the service repairman gave me a quote and then added over a $100 in charges when I went to pay him.  Definitely not interested in putting more money into a fifteen year old dryer.  Thankfully,  I've been able to use the old one in the basement.  It doesn't dry as fast and it's a pain to drag wet laundry downstairs, but it's been an inexpensive resolution for now.

Today, however, made me rethink getting a new dryer.  Our washer just hasn't been working correctly,  It has started to pick and choose when it will spin out the clothes.  Today was one of those days that I couldn't get anything to spin out.  Dragging wet clothes downstairs to dry is one thing, but when they haven't even spun out, there's no chance of me getting them to a basement dryer.  This hasn't been the first time I've dealt with this issue.  Our washer has never really spun correctly.  Now, however it has become a daily occurrence, plus the drum is extremely loud when it spins and the wash cycles never really get stains out anymore.  Cam and Doug both had several items that needed washed well today and there was no way my washer could handle it.  Fortunately, I could use Grandma's washer and dryer today.  It's not a long term solution, but one that I can handle until Doug and I sit down and figure out what we want to do with these two faulty appliances.  

No comments:

Post a Comment