Monday, June 28, 2021

Technology Woes

It seems lately that our Verizon phones just don't connect to data like they used to in the spring.  I wasn't the first to notice this as our neighbor, Darlene mentioned it to me a week or so ago and my Mom had the same issue.  Doug even called me from work one day on his landline as he couldn't get any reception in Elkhart.  The more we researched, the more we realized that it was actually a Verizon problem throughout a good portion of Northern Indiana and not just our individual phones.  

We didn't worry too much about it as our Mediacom internet provided fast, reliable wifi which we could connect to whenever our cellular data was running slow.  Unfortunately, today both services let us down and at the worst time.  At 3:50 Cam and Cal both called me at the hairdresser to let me know that they could not connect to the wifi.  No matter what suggestions I gave them to try, nothing helped.  As Cal had an important meeting with work at 4 p.m. and Cam had a tele health appointment at the same time, we tried the next best thing that we could think of and headed to Grandma's to sponge internet off of them as they had a different carrier then we did.  It didn't quite work as fast as the boys needed, but they were at least able to connect via phone and complete their meeting and appointment.  

Hopefully, all of this will change soon.  I have seen a lot of work on the various telephone poles in our community.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it will take care of the problem and we will not have to deal with anymore outages.  Thankfully, the internet was back on by the time we got home today and everyone was able to reconnect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment