Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Thirty-Five Years Later

Today I was able to relive one of my more memorable high school moments as Cameron had a  tournament at Beechwood Golf Club, home of the girls' regional in 1985 and 1986 where my golf team qualified for state twice.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect when we arrived, but overall the course was in really nice condition.  It was still lined with tall thick trees and the greens were as small as I remembered making the course a challenging one.  Thankfully, Cameron was able to play in early summer so he didn't have to deal with hunting for golf in the piles of leaves that fall brought to the course.  He didn't quite enjoy the experience as much as I did, but he did like the boys golfing in his group.  It amazed me how many of the holes that I could remember.  I don't think about high school memories much and I would never want to relive my "glory days", but I did have a lot of fun watching Cameron and reminiscing about the two important rounds that I played there years ago.  The best part of high school was being a part of the golf team.  I hope that Cameron feels the same way about his sports experiences when he graduates.







No comments:

Post a Comment