Thursday, June 24, 2021

Finally, All Caught Up

 The house here was relatively quiet all day.  Brett left last night around 6 p.m.  I had really enjoyed spending time with him.  Yesterday we were able to play a few games with Cameron, take a walk around WACF and eat meals together.  I appreciated that he was able to take Meg her Papasan chair on his return trip.  It was the one item that we weren't sure would fit in Meg's apartment when she moved in last week so we didn't add it to the U-Haul.  Thankfully, it not only fit in her apartment, but in Brett's CRV as well.  It was one more item off of my to-do list and I was glad that Brett was able to help out with that task.

Cameron spent today playing tennis for the most part.  He had open courts in the morning and drills in Warsaw in the afternoon.  I used my free day to finish all of the laundry, write my missing blogs, feeding the birds and grocery shopping.  We had been going at a breakneck speed these past three weeks and I found myself completely exhausted.  Although I had thoroughly enjoyed all that we had done - golf, tennis, visiting Cal, moving Meg into her apartment, hanging out in Bloomington and hosting Brett for a few days - I was thankful to finally have a day to catch up here at home.  By 8 p.m. Doug and I had eaten dinner, cleaned up, finished reviewing the rough draft of our will, spent our Kohl's cash online and were playing Ticket to Ride.  It was a great feeling to just relax and enjoy the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment