Thursday, June 10, 2021

A Shorter Trip Than Normal

 Doug left Sunday night for Ocala and missed one of the busiest weeks at home that I could remember since the pandemic began in March of 2020.  Cameron had two golf tournaments, one tennis match, two open courts and a tennis drill.  He met friends on several nights for either golf at Black Squirrel or ice cream at the Chief.  I didn't quite keep up with his breakneck pace, but I did attend both of his tournaments and his match, finished organizing the mudroom and completely cleaned the house in anticipation of Carl and Marina's weekend visit.  I averaged almost 17,000 steps a day and was absolutely exhausted by the time Doug arrived home tonight.  I enjoyed sitting on the front porch with him, catching up on our weeks.  I was able to not only fill him on all of Cameron's activities, but also my dinner out with Mary and Paula last night at the Back Porch at Oakwood.  I hadn't been out to eat with them in well over a year and had a wonderful time.  I was very thankful for their friendship and conversation.  It was nice to share that with Doug in person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment