Monday, March 8, 2021

Golf Season Unofficially Begins

Today was absolutely gorgeous for the first week of March.  The temperature climbed to the mid 60s and the sun was out the entire day.  I took a long walk before I picked up Cameron and it was so nice not to have to be bundled up.  It was windy, but that didn't change how wonderful it felt outside.

Once I got home from my walk I called Wawasee Golf Club and found out that they were open this afternoon.  I texted Cam while he was at school to see if he wanted to play once he got out.  He was more than ready to get back on the course, so we went straight there from Bethany.  While he was playing Cam's coach texted the parents to let them know that the golf team would be picking up sticks at Black Squirrel tomorrow after school.  By the time I picked Cameron back up he had already texted his coach to let him know that he was available.

Cam filled me in on his unofficial first practice of the year while we were driving to Grandma's to pick up sugar cookies.  He gave Grandpa the highs and lows of his round once we arrived.  Grandpa had played at Heron Creek this afternoon so he had some of his own stories to share as well.  I know that the weather won't stay this nice for the rest of spring, but it sure was beautiful today.  I was glad that Cam and I both made time to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment