Tuesday, March 30, 2021

A Walk Down Memory Lane

My downsizing project of this week was to sort through the three tubs of my childhood mementos stored in the basement.  I know that I had sifted through them ten plus years ago when I had my twenty year class reunion, but I figured that there would be more that I could part with now.  My hope was to get the three tubs down to one. 

It was actually a lot easier to downsize than I thought that it would be.  Several of the items from my early youth had yellowed and rusted and just weren't worth keeping.  I also decided that I didn't need every card given to me from high school graduation and only saved a few.  I found a goodbye card from my radio station days, however, that I thoroughly enjoyed reading and placed in the keep pile. As much as I was sure that I enjoyed being a library helper in 4th grade, I was positive that I could part with the certificate awarding me that honor as well as several others.  There were quite a few photo albums taking up a lot of room in the tubs.  Since so many of the pictures were duplicates it was easy to sort through them and ended up only saving a few.  There were a lot of articles, pictures and stats from my days on the golf team which I still held in high regard.  I couldn't take them out of the photo albums without tearing them, so I decided to cut the pages out to copy them later.  

I didn't get through all of the tubs, but made a good dent in them and was able to start the organization process.  I plan to put everything that I wanted to keep in manilla envelopes and then scan it later to make a memory book.  Even though I didn't finish the project, I did really enjoy working on it and am looking forward to completing it over spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment