Sunday, March 7, 2021

What a Fun Day!

This afternoon Cam and I headed down to my parents.  Since none of the local courses had opened yet, Cam and my Dad had been playing backyard golf these past few days.  The competitiveness of their games had increased to the point that Grandpa had even dug holes for each cup.  While they had been playing their games I had taken advantage of the sunshine with a walk.  Today was no different and I started toward Oakwood as I heard a golf ball ricochet off of the recycling can.  



I called Doug as I walked to check in on his afternoon.  He had taken a break from working to check out several areas of Ocala.  One place was extremely interesting as it reminded Doug of Jefferson Pointe in Fort Wayne.  While I was listening to Doug's day a car slowly pulled up beside me.  I was used to that on my walks by the high school as our neighbor, Roger, stopped me almost everyday while I was out getting some exercise "to see if I wanted some candy."  I was pleasantly surprised this time to see that it was actually Paula.  She and Mary were meeting at Oakwood to take a walk and asked me to join them.  I wasn't able to travel as far as they had planned because I had to get back to Cameron, but I did spend close to a half hour walking and talking with them.  It was so wonderful to catch up on all that they had been doing.  I hadn't talked to either one since January.  As I split off from them we promised to get together soon.  It was incredibly nice to think that we would be able to have small gatherings again.  

I was later then usual getting back to Cam.  He and Grandpa had already finished their game when I arrived with Cam wining in a four hole playoff.  Cam said that he didn't mind waiting as they talked about golf and basketball.  As we drove home I couldn't help but smile.  This was one of the most normal days that we had had in quite some time.  What a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment