Wednesday, March 24, 2021

One of Those Days

 Today was one of those days where everything went wrong.  First, I had to run to Warsaw to pick up my contacts.  I decided to go grocery shopping while I was there.  I walked into Aldi's and was surprised to see that I was one of the few people wearing masks.  I hurried and bought my groceries, thankful that I had double masked for the stop.  Menards was definitely better, but they didn't have the guinea pig bedding that I was looking for which meant that I would have to stop at a third store on the way home.  Next, I picked up my contacts at Grossnickle.  Once I got them back to the van I realized that they were a different prescription that I had previously.  Since I wasn't 100% sure I decided to keep the contacts and check once I got home.  My last stop of the day was Walmart.  I still needed guinea pig bedding and was hoping that they would have some as Amazon was out of the kind we used.  I found what I needed and  picked up a couple of other items as well.  When I reached the self scan aisle I was generally tired of shopping. By the time I headed home I was in tears.  I  had spent two hours in Warsaw and was exhausted in general from all that I had been doing at home.  It was going to be a busy afternoon as well.  I had received a text from Cal.  He was coming home this evening and I needed to get back and pick up his bedroom.  I had been using it to sort through tubs that were housed in the toy storage room and I was overwhelmed with the thought of finishing that project a day earlier than I had planned.  

While I was unpacking groceries Meg called to give me an update on her day.  She was visiting Nick at Purdue to celebrate her birthday.  She also gave me a list of expenses that she had accumulated on her visit.  Some needed to come out of my budget, some out of hers.  After she hung up I started to log the purchases into my computer.  I quickly realized that there was no charge on my Discover from Walmart.  I thought that was odd as Aldi, Menards and the eye doctor were all recorded.  That's when it dawned on me.  I had walked out of Walmart without paying.  I remembered having someone ring up the alcohol on the self scan for me, but I did not remember even attempting to swipe my credit card.  I had been so preoccupied with everything else that I just blew it.

I wasn't quite sure what to do next, but thought it was best to call Walmart before they hunted me down.  Visions of Mrs. Greipentrog being arrested for actually stealing from the store kept going through my head.  The lady on the other end of the phone did say that they had an issue with an order today and asked for me to come in as soon as possible.  She wasn't very friendly and I was extremely worried that I would be arrested when I walked into the store.  I called my Mom bawling on the way over.  It had been such a terrible day.  I couldn't believe that this had also happened.  Thankfully, the woman at Walmart was very understanding and was able to find my receipt so that I could pay without penalty.  I was also able to come up with a solution for my contacts as well.  To help alleviate my stress my Mom dropped off my favorite candy - Good N Plenty - and Doug ordered pizza for us.  I appreciated both.  It definitely wasn't my favorite day, but at least I made it through and had an enjoyable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment