Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Exciting News

 Today the state of Indiana opened up COVID-19 vaccines for Hoosiers aged 50 and up.  As soon as I found out I got on the "our shot" website and secured a vaccine for Friday.  I couldn't believe it.  As I was sitting in the Bethany parking lot when the news broke, I only had time to get my spot reserved.  Once I got home I signed Doug up for the Friday after he returns from Florida.  

As soon as I was done I called Meg and texted Brett and Cal.  This was the first step back to normalcy and we were all excited that it was beginning.  I didn't get to talk to Doug until the evening as he was working when I made his appointment.  He couldn't believe it either.  When Indiana moved the age to 55 we thought that it would be at least two weeks and possibly the end of March before we'd get our vaccinations.  Yesterday Cameron had just asked me my thoughts on how soon I'd be able to get my shot.  I was thrilled today to give him an answer today after school.

Tonight I looked back at my blog posts from March and April of 2020.  I remembered how scary that time period was.  None of us thought that the year would unfold the way it did.  It was nice to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment