Sunday, March 28, 2021

Enid, Lucille, Ceil - Doesn't Matter What You Call Her, She's Grandma to Me

I have been thinking about my Grandma a lot lately.  Between her birthday and the fun of the NCAA basketball tourney, March was always one of her favorite months of the year.  Yesterday she would have been 100 years old.  I would have loved to have celebrated with her.  She would have had quite a bit to say about this year's tournament and I am sure that her bracket would have beaten mine easily.  I know that she also would have had a lot of thoughts about the pandemic as well.  She was born after the Spanish flu of 1918, but I wondered if she remembered how it affected her family back then.  Recently, one of my aunt's friends remarked that I looked like my Grandma.  I had definitely noticed the resemblance as well and wondered if she would have noticed it too.  If I could still talk to her today, I would have loved to tell her about Doug's trips to Ocala and the company that he was working with there.  I know that she would have enjoyed that and listening to my parents recent adventures in Florida as well.  I wish that my children had gotten to spend more time with "Granny".  She would have loved to see what wonderful individuals that they have grown up to be.  They have memories of her and PawPaw, but it would have been fun to add more.   Mostly, I just miss my Grandma.  She loved me unconditionally and was one of my biggest supporters.  Not every child has a special connection with their grandparents.  I feel incredibly blessed that I did.  



No comments:

Post a Comment