Sunday, November 15, 2020

Year 52

 Today was my 52nd birthday and although it was pretty low key, I still enjoyed it very much.  Doug and I got out of the house for a little while to look for a recliner.  I had wanted one for quite awhile, but we hadn't really done much shopping.  We only tried one story in Warsaw.  They didn't have what I was looking for, but they did give us ideas and prices which was helpful.  

We spent the rest of the afternoon playing Ticket to Ride and taking a walk.  Doug made enchiladas for dinner and a chocolate cake for dessert.  Both were delicious.  Cal and Cam joined us for cake and opening my gifts.  I was pleased to get Ticket to Ride United Kingdom with a bonus Pennsylvania game on the backside as well and a puzzle of the Renoir puzzle "The Luncheon."  It looked hard, but will be fun to try.  My parents dropped off a package containing "Christmas rodents" that I thought were adorable along with an angel food cake.  My Mom had posted several pictures on Facebook of me over the years which were a lot of fun to look back on and to read all of the comments.  Carl and Marina sent a funny birthday card which was really cute.  I plan to put the money hat they gave me along with my parents' toward a new recliner.  Meg and Brett both called to wish me a Happy Birthday as did Carl and my Mom.  It was very nice to talk with everyone and I also appreciated all of the texts and Facebook posts that I had received as well.  Overall, celebrating my birthday during a pandemic was just as fun as always and I appreciate that everyone made me feel special, especially Doug.  












 



No comments:

Post a Comment