Thursday, November 5, 2020

Turing Off the News

 Well, after two days and a lot of ballot counting, there still is no clear cut winner in the presidential election.  With all of the arguing about ballot tampering and voter fraud these past two days, I decided to turn off the news.  Even if a winner is declared this week, there will still be recounts and debates about who actually won for the next month or so.  The same thing happened in the 2000 election.  The difference for me, however, is that I actually cared who won that year.  I sure wish that George W. Bush was running again this year.  At least he would be a candidate that I could be proud to vote for and one that I would trust.

The extra benefit of turning off the news is that I have not had to hear the coronavirus updates.  Everyday has been a record setting one of positive cases in our nation, state and county.  It feels as though no one has a plan to stop the spread and that the general public just doesn't care.  Thus, it is actually easier just to avoid hearing about it and continue to do what we can control - masks, social distancing and an increase in handwashing.  Vaccines and treatments still seem a long way off, so for now I'll just stay away from any type of news source.  

No comments:

Post a Comment