Sunday, November 8, 2020

A Feeling of Emptyness

 Last night the AP news declared Joe Biden the president of the United States.  Pennsylvania had finished their ballot counting in favor of the Democrat candidate giving his ticket enough votes in the electoral college to win.  Celebrations began, speeches were given and social media exploded.  My favorite post was titled "Now there will be ice cream and dancing in the White House."  I didn't read the article as I have been avoiding news sources, but I did have to wonder if Republicans were against those two activities and I just didn't know it.  

I realize that the results of the election were not official and with extremely close voting totals in key states, I know that their will be recounts and lawsuits coming from President Trump's camp soon.  As I did not support either candidate in their bid for the presidency, the announcement really meant nothing to me.  Several women were excited that a female would be a vice president for the first time in history.  That didn't even excite me as I felt that Biden only picked her as a running mate to appease voters in that demographic and not because she was the best person for the job.  With the likely outcome that the Senate will remain Republican the chance of  President Biden making a difference in office would be almost nil.  Thus, it will be another four years of bickering, arguing, blaming and name calling.  I have had enough of that during President Trump's term.  The thought of doing it again has almost made me sick to my stomach.  The only hope that I do have is that now the country can move on and leaders can focus on stopping the spread of the coronavirus.  It has greatly gone unchecked these past few weeks and something has to be done to stop it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment