Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Too Close for Comfort

 It is absolutely unreal how fast COVID has spread in our community and beyond.  The warnings have been coming for weeks, but it seems that a lot of people have chosen to ignore them.  Thus, Indiana has set daily records for positive tests results and the hospitals in our area are overwhelmed.  I don't remember a bleaker time in our nation's history.  

As the numbers continue to grow, the coronavirus has hit closer to home.  Meg's friend, Yatziri, tested positive recently leaving Meg concerned for her own health.  She was tested by IU today and hoped to hear the results soon.  One of the women that Cal worked with went home on Monday saying that she couldn't taste or smell anything.  Brett called to let us know that his work had had an outbreak as well.  Then Doug's Dad gave us the biggest scare when he told us that Kim's Dad, Dewey, was in the hospital after a positive test while Dan's entire famliy had to quarantine.  It was about all I could take.  I had worked hard to stay away from news about the pandemic, but I guess it found me anyway.  Instead of worrying about it all night I decided to start looking for hospitals in our area that weren't full just in case and made a grocery list in case we had to quarantine.  Not planning on needing either, but at least I felt like I was doing something that I could control.  

No comments:

Post a Comment