Thursday, November 26, 2020

The Big Comfy Chair


 Brett recently sent me a video about the 1990s children's television show "The Big Comfy Couch."  Although it was interesting, what really got my attention was the title.  Replace the word couch with chair and it described exactly how I felt about my new recliner.  I had thought about buying one for the past several years and had hoped that it would be what I needed to help me sleep.  The pain in my arms and legs were making it difficult for me to lie in bed for more than five to six hours at at time.  The first time I woke up in the middle of the night after I received the chair I decided to move over to the recliner and give it a try.  I didn't know what to expect, but within five minutes I was sound asleep.  I woke up an hour and a half later with no pain in my hips, legs, or shoulders.  I couldn't believe it.  Thinking it might just be a one time occurrence I decided to try it again the next night and lo and behold it worked again.  By the end of the week my pattern of going to bed, waking up at 6:30, and moving to my chair stacked with pillows and blankets had become routine.  I went from sleeping 5 to six hours a night to getting over 7 hours of sleep daily.  I felt better and was incredibly thankful that the "big comfy chair" that we ordered had been everything that I wanted it to be.


2 comments: