Thursday, March 26, 2020

Social Media - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I don't spend a lot of time on social media, but had been in the past few months to get the news on  the spread of the Coronavirus in the United States.  I also used it to keep up-to-date on our friend Wade's progress with his daily fight to recover from Legionella Disease.  After today, however, I will be taking a break from all news sources and social media posts.  Too many articles with titles such as "Choosing which Patient Gets a Ventilator" or "NY Nurse Dies Because of Lack of Medical Supplies"  along with false stories reporting facts about the deadly virus have made me incredibly anxious.

Thus, I have decided to do as Meg had already done earlier in the week - stay off of social media.  I haven't quite gone as far as she has in the deleting the apps, but then again she could no longer watch people her age getting together and posting, "Coronavirus Don't Scare Me!"  She even went as far as to dm these individuals to let them know that they were adding to the problem.  I was proud of her for doing so, but since I couldn't do that with  everyone that was bothering me, I thought it would be best just to put my phone down and stick to watching old episodes of Cold Case.  There's no better way to help me forget the troubles going on in the world today than "solving murders" from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment