Friday, March 27, 2020

Happy Birthday Grandpa Cutes!

Today was my Dad's 77th birthday.  I was incredibly glad that we had decided to take him to the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame the first weekend of March to celebrate since we couldn't be together today.  I know that we all really enjoyed that day.  To continue the fun from our visit my parents have been enjoying a lot of the old Dick Clark shows on YouTube this week.  Meg, Cam and I did make it down to leave a sign in their yard this afternoon and mailed a card to him earlier to wish him a wonderful day.   All of the Heinisch children texted him birthday wishes as well.  Hopefully, we will be able to invite my parents up for a cookout soon to honor his day.





Today was also Granny's birthday.  As a child I always thought that was neat that they were born on the same day.  In honor of the day my parents decided that it was a good reason to drive to Bremen and visit the cemetery.  They were able to leave Easter decorations on Bunk's, Aunt Peggy's, Grandma Guard's, and Uncle Bob's graves while they were visiting Granny.  The crosses looked very colorful which was perfect for the cloudy day upon us.  They were also able to catch the blooming crocus' at my brother's grave that my Grandma and I planted so many years ago.  It was almost as those Granny was sending them a thank you for thinking of them all.  The drive to the cemetery gave my parents a great excuse to get out of the house, but I know that their real motive was to spend time honoring their loved ones.  It's wonderful that they chose to do so and have kept the graves looking nice over the years.









No comments:

Post a Comment