Friday, March 13, 2020

Last One Standing

Cam texted both Meg and I yesterday pointing out the disappointments of the day.  First, the NBA season was postponed.  Then the Big Ten tournament was cancelled.  Finally we heard from him that March Madness would not be played due to the Coronavirus pandemic.  With the sporting world shutting down and all extracurricular events at Bethany cancelled, Cam texted, "If they are cancelling all of this stuff, then why am I still in school?"  I told him to be patient as I was sure that he would be out soon.  He found out today at chapel that I was right.  As Governor Holcomb changed the school day requirement to 160, Bethany will take some days off from learning over the next three weeks and use e-learning the rest of the time.  Cam was happy with the plan when I picked him up after school.  He celebrated by playing tennis with Jackie and Meg.

While everyone was busy I decided to run to Walmart.  There were a few items that we needed such as lunches for Meg that I wanted to pickup.  I couldn't believe all of the people shopping and how empty the shelves were.  I had done our Coronavirus preparedness shopping earlier in the week and assumed that everyone else did as well.  I was wrong as the store was a madhouse.  Thankfully, we did not need toilet paper as there wasn't a roll in the store.  In fact almost all of the paper products were out of stock.  I did get the last gallon of 1% milk and the last bottle of All detergent.  I was thankful for that.

Doug decided that he wanted to stay in this weekend, so he cooked stuffed clams and biscuits for our dinner.  Cam and I liked both of those.  Cal texted that he and his friends had made it to Alabama without incident and were enjoying a meal at The "Awful" House.  Meg ate cheese Stromboli at Nick's as he arrived from Purdue tonight.  She felt a lot better about being home and cancelling our Florida trip.  We heard late last night from Brett that Disney World would be closed starting on Monday the 16th, the day that Meg and I were to arrive at the resort.  We were both incredibly glad that we had decided to change our trip earlier this week, and that we had all been able to go in January.  It will be a long month for everyone, but fortunately we are prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment