Thursday, March 12, 2020

Leaving Bloomington

I left for Bloomington yesterday morning thankful that I could stay at Brett's rather than drive down and back on the same day when picking up Meg.  Leaving early also gave me some time to spend with Brett.  I hadn't seen him in several weeks and enjoyed catching up.  He had had some spare time recently and used it to sort through all of his tubs that had been packed in our basement since he graduated from high school.  We had moved them to his apartment last summer, but he hadn't had time to work on them.  I was impressed with all that he had accomplished.  With the majority of the job done, he and I were able to find spots for a few of the remaining items he had left out and time to reorganize the spare closet.  We both felt great when it was completely finished.  We celebrated by playing a few games of Pass the Pigs.

It wasn't all work while I was in Bloomington.  Brett and I went to see the movie Onward.  We both really enjoyed it, especially the ending.  I was also able to visit with Cal before he left on his spring break trip to Alabama and Florida with his friends.  He wasn't going to let the Coronavirus spoil his plans.

Meg had class until 2:15 this afternoon.  She felt a lot better about leaving today then she did last night.  She had the majority of her items packed for the trip home when I got there.  Two days ago she thought that she was only packing for a week, but by adding the extra two weeks, she decided to bring more home.  I talked her into adding her television and chair to the list as well.  Doug was going to put the tv in the extra bedroom and she could use the chair in her room when she was studying at home.  It took us about forty-five minutes to get everything in the Pilot.  We were thankful for the large wheeled bin that Read had available for transporting everything.  The rain began when we got on 37 and traffic was heavy around Indy, but otherwise the trip was an easy one.  I really enjoyed talking with Meg on the way home.  It was great to catch up with her.  Looking forward to having her home for a little while.  It definitely will liven up the Heinisch home.


No comments:

Post a Comment