Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Hit the Ground Running

It was tough getting up and moving this morning, but as we got back so early last night, I had told Cam that he had to go to school at the regular time.  Since Meg had a doctor's appointment it meant that I had to get up and take him.  We made it on time, however.  Once I got back and saw Meg out the door I thought about going back to bed, but all of the unpacking was calling my name and I decided to get working on that.  In the end I was glad that I did as I got the majority of it done before I left to pick Cam up from chess.  Thankfully, Brett was home to switch loads for me so I could fit in grocery shopping this afternoon as well.

Brett also felt the after affects of being gone for five days.  Although he was able to sleep in, he went right to work on homework and job searching as soon as he woke up.  He didn't mind too much as he had Game of Thrones to keep him occupied while he worked.  Cal slept in and then caught up on his Simpsons watching.  He ordered tickets for he and Grandpa Cutes to watch IU play Ohio State in the Big Ten tourney on Thursday at the United Center.  With the fees and ticket prices it only cost them $20 total for two seats.

Tonight I went to Cam's choir and band concert.  It was the preview for their ISMAA contest this Saturday.  I was extremely impressed with the band.  They sounded fantastic.  The choir also performed well.  After the concert Cam wanted to go to Culver's with several of his friends.  I had taken along a few items to work on as I had anticipated that  he might want to do this.  Doug missed the concert as he went with Meg to her basketball awards night.  They beat us home by a few minutes.  No one stayed up late again this evening as it was definitely a busy day for all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment