Sunday, July 22, 2018

Laundry Machine is Getting a Work Out

Since Friday my laundry machine has constantly been running.  Between our vacation, the soccer downpour and Cam's return from camp there has been plenty of items to wash.  I was thankful that we had the second dryer in the basement as well.  That helped me complete two cycles at once and by 5 p.m. today I had everything washed, dried, folded and put away.  I smiled when I realized that I would be taking a break from the washer and dryer tomorrow.

The day was not a total "wash out," however.  I did get to watch Tiger finish in the top ten at the British Open with Cal, take a walk around the neighborhood, give Doug and Cam haircuts, listen to Meg' adventures at the fair with the senior class and to enjoy Doug's dinner on the grill.  It was nice of him to cookout as he had to work half a day this morning and I was sure that he was tired.  My parents and Hannah-Marie joined us for the evening and as soon as the table was cleared another game of Euchre broke out.

It was an early night for everyone in the Heinisch home.  Meg had to get ready to lead 8 a.m. soccer conditioning.  Cam and I had to get up early for the orthodontist tomorrow and Cal had made plans to go golfing in Fort Wayne with Grandpa and several of his friends first thing.  Doug did call it a night before the rest of us, but not before we finished an episode of Law & Order.  That seems to be the show of choice this summer and a great way to unwind together at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment