Monday, July 16, 2018

Packing Once Again

I spent the day packing once again.  This summer will be remembered as one in which we took a multitude of three day trips.  I am not complaining, however, as I love to visit new places, and Doug and I had this trip planned several times over the years.  I was happy to finally be able to take it.

Because of Doug's work schedule and meetings today we weren't able to leave until 5 p.m.  I used the time to get a few things done around the house.  Meg's soccer team will be having a team party at our house Friday night and I will only have one day to get ready for it when I return.  Thus, I got Meg, Cam and Cal's laundry done and picked up the house.  I did have time to watch Throw Down with Bobby Flay with Cal.  We both liked the episode that featured Cuban sandwiches.  I didn't see Meg much at all before I left.  She ate lunch at Grandma's and then went to Michigan to visit Liam before soccer team camp.  She did have time to give me a hug before she headed out.  It was strange thinking of leaving her and Cal at home while we were gone.  I don't remember that ever happening before.  The last item on my agenda before I left today was to get a package to Cameron.  Since Camp Crosley no longer allows snacks in the cabins, I had to be clever in what I bought for him.  It took some time, but I finally found a couple of items that he should be able to use.  I dropped it for him off at the welcome center and then met my parents at my house.  They agreed to take me to Goshen to meet Doug which saved him quite a bit of time.

Our trip was an easy one once we got through Bristol.  We decided to stop at Founder's Brewery in Grand Rapids first.  It was crowded for a Tuesday night, but we found seats and were served quickly.  The hummus was delicious and Doug was able to try a few beers as well.  From there we traveled on to Cadillac, Michigan.  It was the perfect stopping point and we got a great deal from Hampton on our hotel.  Tomorrow the real adventure begins.  I am really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment