Saturday, July 28, 2018

I Would Move Here in a Heartbeat

Doug and I were up early this morning.  We talked about going to the Farmer's Market, but as we didn't need anything, so we decided to go to the winery instead.  It was definitely the perfect day for a walk around the pond and to enjoy some wine tasting.  We were glad that we went early as it was packed by the time we left.

The shops on College, Kirkwood and Walnut were next on our agenda.  The game and kitchen stores had some unique items as always.  We found a new place as well, Global Gifts.  It was better than any craft fair that I had attended.  There were so many items that I would have loved to purchase - jewelry, wooden wind chimes, bird houses and more.  I settled on a silver ring which was priced right.  We stopped for lunch during our walk at The Tap Room.  We hadn't been there in awhile and really enjoyed it.

We drove to TIS next and I bought a new soccer chair.  Ours were over twenty years old and I was ready for a new one.  We headed to the college mall afterward as Yankee candle had its fall scents in and I was in need of a few.  Our last stop was Barnes & Noble.  I found a book Cal had talked about and a new planner for me.   Since I won't be teaching this year, I was able to downgrade to a smaller one.  That felt great!

I was excited to take Doug to The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at the Wells-Metz Theater, a smaller venue behind the auditorium.  It was just as funny as I remembered and the wonderful way to spend an evening.  He liked it as much as I did, especially the vice-principal's character.  It was by far the funniest musical I had even seen.  We ended the evening with Doug's favorite - breadsticks from Pizza Express.  It truly was a wonderful day in Bloomington.

No comments:

Post a Comment