Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A Great Round

This morning Cam, Mom and I were up well before 6 a.m. for his golf tournament at Zollner Golf Course in Angola.  I wasn't sure if Cam would want to play in it since he had gotten his braces yesterday and was still catching up on his sleep from camp.  He was excited about it, however, especially since he played well yesterday.  I was glad that he made the trip as it was the best I have seen him play in a tournament all year.  His drives were on target and he putted well.  He finished the round at 86 which left him tied for 7th place.  Mom and I were proud of him.  He had not broken 90 in an Indiana Junior Tournament this year.

While we were at the golf tournament Cal and my Dad worked on the pier.  They had 100 boards to take off and replace.  They got about 36 done before my Dad decided to play golf.  We got a laugh out of that.  Cal was at home trying to burn the boards when we arrived.  He had played golf yesterday with my Dad and his friends at Chestnut Hills.  He played very well, but was ok taking a break today.  My parents came up later in the evening and my Dad was able to get the fire started.  By the time Doug got home from his church meeting the first half of the pier was ash.

We didn't see Meg until later in the evening.  Today was a busy one for her.  She led soccer conditioning this morning, visited with Liam in the afternoon, went to basketball open gym and then had dinner at Hacienda.  She was wiped out when she got home, but in a good mood.  We checked in with her for a little while before she headed to bed.  That was ok with me as Cam had an early morning tee time scheduled again for tomorrow, so I was not planning on staying up late either.


No comments:

Post a Comment