Sunday, January 2, 2022

A Wonderful Visit in the Sunshine State

Doug left yesterday for Florida.  Winco had inventory this coming week and he needed to be there for that.  Originally, Cameron and I talked about going with him as there were several bowl games that we would have liked to see close to Ocala.  We decided against it once we realized that there weren't very many teams playing in those games that we would like to see in person.  

As an added benefit to Cameron and I sitting out this trip, Doug had plenty of room in the Pilot to take down the buffet and a barrister bookcase to Brett.  Brett was looking forward to adding the furniture to his apartment and also spending the afternoon with his dad.  I was impressed that Doug got both pieces in the Pilot.  It was a tight fit in the back, but he got everything safely to Bloomington.  He and Brett carried the furniture upstairs and rearranged some existing pieces as well.  The only challenging part for them was getting the buffet back in Brett's bedroom as he wanted to use it as a dresser.  Doug and Brett had originally planned on going to Oliver Winery today, but it was closed for the holiday.  They were both thankful that Big Woods Brewery was open and enjoyed a meal together before Doug left for his flight in Indy.

Doug stayed in Winter Haven last night and was up early this morning to visit with his dad.  He was very glad to see him.  He did call during their visit, so that I could help him set up Carl's phone with FaceTime, but mostly they spent the time catching up.  Carl was thankful to have made it through the surgery and to be done with pain medication.  He was still very weak, but could get up and move around on his own.  Doug left for Ocala when Carl headed to lunch.  

I didn't get to talk to Doug until later in the evening.  I was busy today helping Meg get ready to leave for Bloomington.  Afterward Cameron and I watched IU lose a close game to Penn State and then went to Walmart for a few groceries.  I was glad that he drove as it gave him a chance to practice on the roads since some of them still had ice on them from Saturday's snow.  I did get to chat with Doug before he went to bed.  He had a relaxing afternoon working out with Team Body Project and watching the Buccaneers game and IU basketball.  He ordered Marcos pizza for a late lunch and worked for a little while.  I was very thankful when I got off of the phone.  I know that Carl's surgery had weighed heavily on Doug's mind lately and seeing him helped alleviate his worries.  It had also been a very stressful two weeks at work, so I was glad that Doug was able to relax a little bit today.  I will miss him, but have plenty to keep me busy while he's gone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment