Tuesday, January 11, 2022

A Nice Reminder

Cameron texted me as soon as he got to school to ask me if I could find his English binder and Great Gatsby book.  It was no problem locating them, the bigger issue was that I would have to run them to school for him.  I really did not want to go as I had a day planned at home with multiple projects in the works.  It wasn't the trip to Bethany that I minded, but I knew that since I would already be in Goshen it would made the most sense to go grocery shopping.  That was the part that I dreaded.  Not only did I really hate going to the store lately due to the supply issues, but I also had the Civic and I really did not like load it with groceries.  It was much easier in the Pilot.

Thankfully, Cameron did not need his book and binder until 12:30, so I had time to get dressed and make a grocery list well before I had to leave.  I arrived at Bethany still annoyed about grocery shopping when I ran into Hank Willems, Cameron's principal.  He stopped me to chat for awhile about what a wonderful person Cameron was and to ask about Meg.  He also gave me his thoughts on the last two years, running a school during a pandemic and how well the Bethany community had supported their ongoing efforts to keep students healthy and in school.  He truly felt that Covid was here to stay much like the flu and that Bethany would be able to handle it.  After our conversation, he took Cameron's books and said that he would deliver them personally to him with the reminder "that he really owed me!"

As I walked away from Bethany I couldn't help but smile.  I was no longer annoyed about having to run to Goshen, but instead thankful for the nice reminder of what a wonderful community Bethany really was.  Cameron and Meg had really been blessed by attending school there.  As soon as I got in the car I got a text from Cameron that read, "Thanks for the books!  Hank already gave them to me."  

No comments:

Post a Comment