Friday, January 7, 2022

A Welcome Site

Doug's flight last night got delayed by over an hour.  Therefore, it didn't get into Indy until close to midnight.  Even thought it meant for a late night, he decided to drive home as he wasn't tired and was ready to sleep in his own bed.  I stayed up as late as I could make it, but finally passed out at 1:45 a.m. when Doug got to state road 13.  I was impressed that he went to work this morning at 8:30, but not overly surprised.  When I talked to him at lunch, he was feeling pretty good, just not adjusted to the frigid cold yet.  I was definitely happy when he called at 3:45 this afternoon to say that he was on his way home from Champion.  I knew that he'd probably have to work some this weekend, but I didn't care.  I was just ready to spend the evening with him.  

Cameron was busy tonight getting a haircut and then hanging out with Richard at the boys basketball game.  Since he wasn't going to be home, Doug and I decided to play Ticket to Ride and order pizza form Sleepy Owl.  Before we could start the game, however, I needed his help clearing off the kitchen counter and table.  I had spent the time while he was in Florida cleaning out the kitchen cabinets and I needed Doug to decide what he wanted to get rid of and what he wanted to keep.  It took a little while, but soon we had the table cleared and a game of Ticket to Ride started.

We heard from the three oldest Heinisch children tonight.  Brett called after work.  It had been a tough day, but he was looking forward to hanging out with Sean and Norman.  Sean had never seen Caddy Shack and Brett couldn't wait to watch it with him.  Cal texted multiple times.  He had had a good first week of busy season and was glad that he had tomorrow off.  He was also thrilled that the Bulls had a 2.5 game lead in the East.  Meg and Nick had really enjoyed their day at Animal Kingdom and their night at Magic Kingdom.  She was sad that they were leaving tomorrow, but ready for some time to rest.  Cameron arrived home at 10:30 and had a chance to catch up with Doug before he headed to bed.  We were both glad to see him and liked his new haircut.  All in all, it was a great night and I greatly appreciated  having Doug home.   

No comments:

Post a Comment