Thursday, January 23, 2020

Lots to Watch on Television Today

I was never a huge watcher of television.  I had a couple of shows that I liked, but other than that I really used to just turn it on to have background noise while I was working on something.  I noticed that has changed quite a bit since we dropped DirectTv and added several streaming services.  Disney+ has definitely become one of my favorites and YouTube TV has provided a lot of sports options for Cam and Doug.   Today was a special treat as I was able to watch several movies on HBO Now.  Meg needed to watch a show on the app, so I helped her get the week long free trial.  While she was watching a movie for a class, I enjoyed several of my favorites from long ago - Hope Floats, Ever After and Dangerous Liaisons.  I also had time to try one that I hadn't watched before, Hemingway and Gellhorn.  All provided a lot of entertainment during this quiet winter week.

Tonight's online streaming was devoted solely to Big Ten Basketball.  Thanks to our YouTube TV subscription service the three of us were able to watch Minnesota beat Ohio State at home.  That was not an easy feat as the Big Ten home team wining percentage this year was at an all-time high of 80%.  Although the first game was fun to watch, it was the second one that we were most interest in - Michigan State vs. Indiana in Bloomington.  IU had beaten MSU twice last year and Tom Izzo wanted "revenge."  IU wasn't having that, and the first half was completely owned by the Hoosiers.  We knew that it would be tough for them to hold a lead against the number one team in the Big Ten.  We were right in our assumption as  soon the game was tied.  The lead changed back in forth until the very end when IU took a two point lead with just seconds left on the clock.  An awesome defensive play against one of the top players in the league brought the Hoosiers the victory and a smile on Cameron's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment