Friday, January 10, 2020

A Day of Favorites

We were up by 6:30 a.m. this morning to get to Magic Kingdom for early morning magic hours.  We arrived at rope drop so that the Heinisch children could ride Space Mountain.  It was the only of the top tier attractions that they couldn't get Fast Passes for during our stay.  Doug and I watched them in line while we took a turn on Tomorrowland Transit Authority which was much more our speed.  By arriving early we were also able to ride Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and Pirates of the Caribbean before it was time for our first Fast Pass of the day at Big Thunder Mountain.  It was a great way to start the day and I don't know if I had more fun on the Jungle Cruise listening to the "skipper's" jokes or watching Doug laugh at them.











 We finished the morning using the rest of our Fast Passes for Peter Pan and the Seven Dwarf Mine Ride.   We took a break from riding to eat at everyone's favorite lunch stop - Cosmic Rays featuring our number one singing comedian, Sonny Eclipse.  The food and the jokes were just as we remembered and the Heinisch children enjoyed getting a picture for Grandpa Cutes.  As we walked out of lunch we were extremely glad that we arrived early this morning as the crowds had really picked up.  We had saved Philharmagic and the Hall of Presidents for the busy time of the day.  The boys couldn't wait to see Trump in animatronic person.  Once the shows ended Cal and Doug decided to travel to EPCOT for a couple of beers and then back to the Boardwalk to rest.  My legs were officially done by the time they left, but I opted to stay with Meg, Brett, and Cam.  I knew that I'd be disappointed if I didn't finish out our time at Magic Kingdom.




While the parade was going on, we were able to walk right on a couple of rides.  The four of us then did some shopping at the Emporium and picked up our new phone cases at the front of the park.  We were also able to get Fast Passes for Rock N Roller Coaster.  Cal was too tired to join them, but the other three were more than eager to go back to Hollywood Studios one last time.  I thought about heading back to the Boardwalk, but went with the three of them instead.  Thankfully, the bus arrived right as we got into line.  Once we got to Hollywood Studios they went on ahead as it took me awhile to get through the park.  I met them at Alien Swirl.  I loved that ride from our trip a year ago, but hadn't had time to take a whirl on it this time.  The line was short which I appreciated plus the attraction was just as fun as I remembered.




We were all ready for dinner once we finished, so the four of us walked back to the Boardwalk to meet Cal and Doug.  I told the boys to go ahead of us as I knew it would take me awhile.  Meg stayed back with me talking about her favorite parts of the trip.  Dinner was delicious once again with meatball marinara.  We packed afterward and then enjoyed our last night of desserts.  We finished in time to get to EPCOT before the fireworks started.  We even had time for our favorite drink of the trip, Grey Goose slushies.  I couldn't think of a better way to end a fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment