Monday, January 13, 2020

Back to the Routine

I took Cameron and Jacob to school this morning and spent the rest of the day unpacking, doing laundry and grocery shopping.  I would have started yesterday, but was too tired from our trip to Chicago.  I got a lot more done than I thought that I would and ended the day with 12,000 steps.

Cameron had a tiring day at school, but thankfully did not have much homework.  I thought he'd have a lot more, but I forgot that their homework was not for a grade, only to prepare them for the tests and quizzes ahead.  He did have a science poster to work on about the Terrapin.  Doug did have quite a bit of work to do tonight, which he started on right after dinner.  He has an extremely busy month ahead with several days of travel scheduled.  He said that the trip was planned at the perfect time as there was a slight lull in his workload last week.

I checked in with Cal, Brett and Meg.  Brett had to work yesterday, but only for five hours.  He said that he made himself go to 9 p.m. mass afterward last night even though he was wiped out.  I appreciated that he helped Meg take everything up to her room yesterday.  I had planned on helping her before the plane cancellation situation.  She got the majority of everything unpacked last night and even had time to rest and go to dinner with her friends.  Cal slept until noon yesterday and then watched football.  He spent tonight cheering on LSU in the college football championship game.  He was tired too, but ready to get back to a routine.  Sounds like a good plan for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment