Wednesday, January 29, 2020

IUopoly

I knew it would be a long week with Doug in Dallas, so I made it my goal to keep Cam and I busy, especially at night.   Yesterday was easy as he was busy with Snow Club and I found a movie for my parents and I to watch.  Tomorrow night Cameron was invited to play in the pep band at the girls basketball game, so that evening was taken care of as well.  Thus, we only had to worry about plans for tonight.

Part of the evening plans were easy as IU played Penn State at 8:30 tonight.  Cam filled in the rest of our time when he suggested playing IUopoly after our weekend in Bloomington.  My parents weren't busy this evening, so they agreed to join us.  My Mom brought pot roast and mashed potatoes for dinner and the games began shortly after we ate.  I hadn't played Monopoly in years, but enjoyed it quite a bit, especially as we hurried to buy our favorite stops in Bloomington - Mother Bear's, Village Deli, Memorial Stadium, just to name a few.  Fortunately for me I was able to secure Bryan Hall and Indianan Memorial Union, IUopoly's version of Park Place and Boardwalk, right away.  A few diplomas later and it was pretty tough for anyone to beat me.  Even though I eventually took possession of everyone else's assets, we all still had a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, IU basketball wasn't quite as fun as the board game.  The first half was rough, but at least the Hoosiers stayed close to Penn State and tied the game at halftime.  The second half was just awful filled with 3 of 29 shooting from the guards and foul trouble for our defense.  Cameron finally turned it off with five minutes to go as he found it too boring to watch.  IU went on to lose by 15 and the Archie haters were once again all over Twitter.  Hopefully, they rebound with a victory over Ohio State on Saturday.  Either way, we did stay busy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment