Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Just Mercy

Since Doug was busy with work and Cameron had Snow Club, I decided that I would go to a movie tonight.  My parents weren't busy this evening either so they decided to go with me.  There were several movies that I was interested in seeing, but the timing that worked the best for us was  Just Mercy.  Brett had also strongly encouraged me to see it as it had gotten great reviews and had a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes.

The movie revolved around a Harvard lawyer that started a not-for -profit group to provide legal counsel for the underprivileged in Alabama.  Michael B. Jordan played the lawyer and Jamie Foxx was the man on death row who was charged with a murder.  As the story unfolded it was apparent that Fox had been framed by a racist sheriff and sentenced by a biased judge, but that wasn't easy for Jordan to prove.  The movie also highlighted the difficulties of the death penalty and the percentage of wrongful convictions that have been overturned throughout the last three decades.

Mom, Dad and I all really liked the movie.  I definitely shed some tears throughout the two hours we were in the theater.  We walked out of the theater glad that we had decided to see it and thankful that it ended just as Cam was returning to Goshen.  We pulled into Bethany just as he got off of the bus.  We were all happy to hear that he had had a great time at Swiss Valley.  He even tried some jumps tonight and only fell twice.  Overall, it was a fun night for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment