Wednesday, January 22, 2020

A Day of Rest

Yesterday I had my yearly checkup with Dr. Cook.  Due to my family history of cancer and some symptoms that I had been experiencing, he decided to do an endometrial biopsy.  I have had two of these performed in the past, and although they were nothing compared to childbirth or a c-section,  they weren't my favorite procedure.  It hurt just as it did in the past and the doctor remarked several times how impressed he was that I didn't even flinch.  All I kept thinking was that it was important to find out if I had uterine cancer, so there was no reason to complain.  Fortunately, I didn't have much on my agenda the rest of the day and I was very thankful for that.  I did make it to the store, my haircut appointment and to Bethany to get Cam his ski clothes.  I had thought about doing the elliptical, but read that I should not exercise or lift anything heavy for two days.  That made sense as the doctor said to take it easy for a couple of days.  As I didn't feel the greatest, I decided to take his advice.

Unless I got up and moved around a lot, today was a lot better.  I used the down time to order pictures from our trip to add to my new photo album.  I also did some work on the computer and watched the movie "Ever After" on HBO Now.  It had been years since I had first watched it and I liked it just as much, especially the part that features Leonardo DaVinci as Cinderella's "fairy godmother."  I picked Cam up as usual.  He had a good day, but was ready for a break.  He had been busy the last two days and just wanted to play some Madden and catch up on Big Ten basketball news.  I did not see him until 6 p.m. when Doug got home.

I was glad that Doug didn't have to work tonight and was interested in going out to dinner.  We ate at the Sleepy Owl and enjoyed it even though the restaurant was packed.  My parents came up once we got back to play Oh Hell.  Cam even joined us.  Doug was finally dethroned as champion.  He had won the past three games.  While we were playing, Cam also kept us updated on the ball game scores.  He was glad to see Michigan lose to Penn State and was hopeful that Rutgers would be able to upset Iowa.  It was the first time that the New Jersey school had been ranked in over forty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment