Tuesday, July 10, 2018

As Meg would say, "I'm Done!"

The past twenty four hours have done a number on my nerves.  First, Cal left yesterday morning for Bloomington.  He had planned to spend the week there cleaning his house and setting up his new one.    He took the Civic down since it had air conditioning.  I reminded him several times to watch his speed especially since the car drives faster than the truck.  He wasn't worried about it, however,  and in all honesty I should have been either as he hdsn't had a ticket since he first started driving.  Around 2 p.m. my Mom called me to see if I had read Cal's Twitter post.  This was what I saw:


I called him right away and he said that he was on I-465 and just wasn't paying attention to his speed. I was relieved that the police office let him go and that Cal said he learned a valuable lesson.  He did eventually make it to Bloomington without further incident.

Later in the evening, Meg and I sat down in the living room to check in with Doug.  She had soccer questions for him and I was impressed that he actually had the remote.  Normally, Cal or Cameron had taken over the television by that time of the day.  As we were talking he flipped it to one of his favorite channels - Starz Westerns.  They were featuring a 1971 spaghetti western that he had not seen before.  Unfortunately, within a couple of minutes of viewing the western both Meg and I were in shock.  The scene Doug stumbled upon had three naked sixty year old men in a wagon.  Since they were covered we didn't think much of it until the main villain shot the cart and it went down a small hill.  All three men flew out and I was not sure that Meg and I would ever recover from what we witnessed next.  Fortunately, Doug was fast with the remote and flipped it to another channel before we were too scarred!

Lastly, this morning I went out to put a new ear of corn on our squirrel feeder.  I happened to glance at Cal and Cameron's golf net and noticed a chipmunk was under it.  When I investigated further I realized that somehow the poor creature had hung himself in the net.  I believe that I screamed more at that sight of the strangled chipmunk then I did at the old naked men incident, but it was close.  Cam did try to get the animal out, but it was completely embedded in the netting.  I appreciated greatly that my mom was able to help "bury" him after their golf round.  By then, however, my nerves were done for the day and I was thankful that the rest of the day was a quiet one.  



No comments:

Post a Comment