Thursday, July 5, 2018

A Day with Friends


While we were in DC, Avery texted Cam to see if he wanted to go to Lake Michigan today with him, Joey and Sam.  Cam was definitely all in and they left this morning at 9:30 a.m. for Warren Dunes.   I heard from Avery's mom several times today.  She said that the boys had a lot of fun especially out exploring.  It was the perfect day to be at the beach as the weather was still hot and humid.  Cam made it back home with some sun on his face and some great stories to share.  He had found a flavor to replace garlic as his favorite - pepper.  Needless to say the salt and pepper chips were a hit.

Meg spent the afternoon and evening with Preston.  They took a walk, went to dinner at Hacienda, watched movies and laughed a lot.  There were a lot of stories told from their younger school years and both remarked that they couldn't believe that they were seniors.  It hasn't dawned on me yet that they will soon start their last year of high school.  When they get together I still see them as the two sixth graders stopping by the FACS room at lunch.

Cal had to work this morning.  He was pretty tired from hanging out all night and soon fell asleep on the couch after lunch.  With everyone busy and Doug working I decided that it would be the perfect day to clean.  I started at 10:40 and spent the next seven hours scrubbing down the kitchen and bathrooms.  Between that, grocery shopping and putting the laundry away I had my 10,000 steps in just before Doug and I left for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment