Friday, October 4, 2024

What a Fantastic Week

Doug and I couldn't have asked for a better week at his new job.  He had planned on staying in Longwood a couple of nights but was actually able to come home every evening this week.  The drive wasn't as bad as he had anticipated with this afternoon's commute being the only one that was delayed.  Doug didn't mind that as his new end time on Fridays is 3 p.m.  Thus, he was home by 5 and we were able to make it to Hiatus for dinner by 5:30.  The rest of the night was spent outside on our back patio watching IU soccer and enjoying the beautiful evening.

Doug did have to work for his former company a couple of evenings this week, but nothing like before.  He was able to answer their questions through email up until today.  He offered to meet with them for an hour this afternoon, but that didn't work.  He said that he would make time one evening next week.  I didn't complain since they are paying him for the month.  Plus, he knew that there would be situations that would need his attention after he left.

In all honesty, I actually felt like we were on vacation this week.  Doug was in a great mood.  I was able to finish all of my cleaning and decorating for Halloween.  Doug and I ordered out several times.  We caught up on the current episodes of Law & Order and even took a few walks at night.  It was so nice and relaxing.  Doug and I both noticed a huge difference in his stress level, and overall, it was one of my favorite weeks in Florida since Cameron left for his sophomore year at IU.  


No comments:

Post a Comment