Tuesday, October 8, 2024

My Brother's Birthday

As I spent the majority of today getting ready for Hurricane Milton, I didn't realize what date it was.  Thus, I was surprised when my cousin Billy called me to check on the hurricane and to also talk about Bunk's birthday.  I never forget my brother's birthday, but sometimes the date gets away from me.  I couldn't believe that it was already October 8th.  It felt like the month had just started and here it was already over a week into October.  

After I hung up with Billy, I felt bad, like I had let Bunk down for not posting anything this morning.  It was still early afternoon.  I could put out a post then, but that's when I realized that I didn't have to post on his birthday. I could post about him whenever I wanted. The most important thing about my brother was that I remembered him.  That I do quite often and the past few weeks, I had actually been thinking about him a lot.  I was working on a project that included something that he loved as a child.  I hadn't had a lot of time to finish it and had set aside this week to do so.  If the hurricane hadn't been coming, I would have finished it done today. Now, the project will be a great way to spend time while we are sheltering from the storm and remember some of my favorite childhood memories of my brother.










No comments:

Post a Comment