Monday, October 14, 2024

What Did You Do Today?

Doug asked me tonight what I did today.  At first, I said not too much.  Then I started to list off everything that I had done during his time at work.  I spent an hour working on CCW items.  I talked to Cameron about his upcoming interview.  I helped Meg with an issue that she was having.  I did four loads of laundry and put everything away.  I wrote my blog.  I washed Doug's bedding.  I filled out a missing mail report for the package that I sent Cal two weeks ago that was never delivered.  I ran to the gastroenterologist to update Doug's insurance information for his upcoming colonoscopy.  I sprayed the weeds along the side of the house.  I took care of the grass that was growing into the road by the mailbox.  I checked in with Brett about the weekend of October 26th and I watered the plants. 

Once I said it out loud, it made sense why I was tired this evening.  It didn't seem like much in the grand scheme of things, but it was a lot to accomplish.  I started thinking about how families with two full time working parents handled the stress of working and running a household.  It was overwhelming when Doug and I tried it and even though all of our children have "grown and flown" I could still find enough to do every day to keep myself busy.  I also appreciated that by still being at home that I could offer help when any of my children or their significant others needed it.  I know that this isn't the life for everyone, but it has been a good one for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment