Thursday, December 17, 2020

Where Is Everything?

 In all of the years that we have been ordering Christmas gifts online this one has been the worst for timely deliveries.  We had heard that it might be a problem due to the increased number of Americans placing orders online this year, but we didn't realize that it would cause the problems that it has.  The items I ordered on Cyber Monday were not effected, but the Christmas gifts that Doug and Meg ordered from Kohls on December 2nd still haven't all arrived.  Meg said she checked today and it said that one of the packages was in Canada.  The tracking on a gift I ordered for Cal said that it arrived at the Syracuse Post Office on December 11th.  Last night it was sent to Indianapolis and this morning it was in South Bend with an expected delivery of tomorrow.  Hopefully, it will arrive in time for me to wrap it and get it under the tree on Christmas Eve.  I would be extremely happy with that as the rubber bands that I sent from the orthodontist to Meg in Bloomington still haven't arrived.  They were supposed to be there Monday as I mailed them last Wednesday.  Brett hasn't seen them as of today, but the good news was that the license plate for his new CR-V finally came in the mail.  He had registered his car on November 13th with the expectation from the license branch that it would arrive in two weeks.  Even Amazon hasn't been as reliable as usual.  We still have not received a package that was shipped on December 5th.  For the past week it has said that it was out for delivery in New Jersey.

Out of all of the missing packages the most frustrating has been our Christmas cards.  When I ordered them on December 2nd it was estimated that they would be here between the 9th and 13th.  That was a little later than I liked to send them out, but I was hopeful that they would arrive closer to the 9th than the 13th.  They shipped on December 6th, but had been sitting in Atlanta since the 11th.  I finally contacted Shutterfly about it.  They said to give it until the 17th and they would then offer a refund.  I noticed shortly after that they were sent to Greencastle, Indiana.  Hopefully, that would get them here by the beginning of next week and I would still be able to get them out on time.

We realize that this has been a challenging year for a lot of people, so our shipping problems aren't that big of a deal.  They were just completely unexpected.  I obviously would have spent more to get our Christmas cards here earlier and would have definitely sent Meg's rubber bands by priority mail had I realized the big delay.  As long as Cal's computer from Plante Moran arrives by January 4th, everything else can wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment