Sunday, December 20, 2020

Finally, Our Christmas Cards Arrived

 I ordered my Christmas cards from Shutterfly the week after Thanksgiving just as I have done for the past decade or so.  Over the years we had tried a newsletter or a card with one photo, but lately everyone has liked the multi-photo card with an area on the back to write what we had been up to during the year.  Meg and Doug helped me make 2020's with Brett and Cam proofreading it.  We were excited to send it out as we had focused on the positives of the year.  I was happy when I saw that "my orange box" had shipped on December 6th thinking that my cards would arrive within a week.  

Somewhere along the way, however, they got stuck in the nightmare that has become the United States Post Office.  I checked everyday, but they never moved.  Finally on the 11th they made it to Atlanta.  I waited until the 15th and then contacted Shutterfly.  They asked me to wait two more days and then they would offer a refund.  I noticed within a couple of hours of me "chatting" with them my cards moved once again to Greenfield, Indiana.  It took longer than two days, but I did finally receive our Christmas cards a week late.  I was thrilled as I had time to send them out before the holiday.  I worked most of today on them and was able to get 63 of the 75 addressed and ready to mail.  I was proud of that as I usually spread them out over several days.  It's been a strange year, but if all that we have had to deal with was a delay in with our Christmas cards, then I'd say it's been pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment