Thursday, December 31, 2020

A Busy Day Ends With A Quiet New Year's Eve

With everyone else out of the house today, Cameron decided to invite Bailee over.  They had talked about getting together during break and fortunately it worked in her schedule as well.  Bailee's father dropped her off at 10 a.m. and she and Cam spent the next four hours exchanging Christmas presents, watching It's a Wonderful Life and playing games.  I talked to Cam about ordering Subway for lunch, but they settled on eggs and bacon instead.  It was nice having one of Cam's friends visit over break.  

I decided to use my time this morning to bring in all of the outside Christmas decorations.  It wasn't quite as hard as I thought it would be with the exception of getting the lights unhooked from the pine tree.  I had to use a step stool and was sure that I was going to fall into the tree.  Thankfully, there was a long stick close by that helped me in my efforts to unhook everything and I was able to finish with the decorations by noon.  I was glad to be done as tomorrow's forecast called for freezing rain and I really wanted them in the house before that mess began.

After Bailee left Cam drove me to Menards in Warsaw.  It was a quick shopping trip there as we only needed a few items.  Martins took a little bit longer, but it wasn't quite as bad as I envisioned.  I told Cameron that someone commented on social media that Kosciusko County didn't need a mask ordinance as no one actually followed it.  His proof was that at any time of the day he could walk into Martins and at least ten people would be maskless.  I decided to test his theory today and lo and behold there were ten individuals without face coverings.  I got a kick out of that but decided that I would probably need to start shopping elsewhere going forward.  Cam did a nice job driving home.  He appreciated the practice in the parking lots as well.  That's something we haven't worked on a lot yet.

Doug was home when we got there.  We hurried and unloaded the van so that I could take a walk before it got dark.  Once we both finished exercising the rest of the evening was spent playing games and watching the Twilight Zone marathon.  It was only the three of us this year as Brett had to work and then had plans to go Sean's afterward.  Cal went to Michigan with the Lamles and Meg was in West Lafayette with Nick.  Thus, we let Cameron pick the dinner menu which consisted of meatballs, lil' smokies, cheese, crackers and Hawaiian bread with spinach dip - definitely some of my favorites.  All of us made it up until midnight which was impressive for Doug especially since he had had a long couple of days with inventory.  Cal didn't quite believe me even when I sent him a picture of Doug with eyes wide open.  It may have been a quiet New Years Eve in the Heinisch home, but one that the three of us enjoyed.  










No comments:

Post a Comment