Saturday, December 19, 2020

Thankful to Be Home Today

 I spent the majority of yesterday outside of the Heinisch home first going shopping and then at Cam's tennis match.   With those activities and my trips to the post office this week I was thankful to spend the day at home today.  I had noticed on my outings this past week that there were a lot less mask wearers than there had been earlier in the month.  The post office was the worst.  None of the workers had a mask on correctly and several just didn't wear one.  Some of the customers had them on, but social distancing was nearly impossible with the small size of the lobby.  On our shopping trip today, Menards was still relatively COVID safe, but Martin's was a joke.  I saw more people without a mask or wearing it incorrectly today than I had the past month.  While Meg and I were in the produce aisle, four high school students came in maskless, fake coughing and yelling "I have COVID."  Although I realized that they weren't putting us in harm's way, it was definitely disrespectful and rude to those who had become sick or had lost a loved one to the virus.  Meg said that she really wanted to shout, "We don't care if you wear a mask for COVID, but could you at least put one on to hide your acne covered face."  I would have loved to see that.  It was easier to social distance at last night's tennis match, but we still found that quite a few family members and players did not wear masks in the lobby.  

Thus, I was pretty much done with the public by the end of Friday night and was thankful for a day at home today.  I watched football with Cam, played Ticket to Ride with Doug, took a walk, caught the ending of Mandalorian with Cal and started Sound of Music with Meg.  She was also able to have Sarah over for a few hours to celebrate her birthday.  Doug and I even tried to have a bonfire, and although it wouldn't start, it was still a wonderful, relaxing day at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment