Monday, December 21, 2020

Girls Night Out on Zoom

 I sent my friends a Christmas movie recommendation last week via text.  Several of them had enjoyed Hallmark Christmas movies over the years and last Christmas we all got together to watch one.  I didn't quite share their enthusiasm for the movies, but did find several on Disney + that I liked.  As everyone kept texting back and forth, Paula suggested that we all get together via Zoom and picked tonight for the "girls night out."

I was a little nervous about committing to the virtual evening as my computer had not been acting correctly since last March.  Thankfully, I was finally able to fix it and tonight was able to join in on the Zoom call.  Besides Paula and I, Mary, Wendy and Cherie were also part of the fun.  We spent about an hour and a half catching up and sharing stories of our current activities.  I really enjoyed not only talking with everyone, but also seeing their smiling faces.  I walked away happy and sad.  It was great to be with my friends again and it reminded me of what I missed most about teaching.  Overall, however, listening to their experiences this year with school and COVID, I know that I definitely made the right decision in leaving the education world.  I'll just have to encourage another "virtual girls' night out" soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment