Thursday, July 16, 2020

One Fantastic Round

Doug took Cam to Cascades this morning  forty-five minutes early so that he could practice putting and hit balls before his 10:15 tee time.  I stayed back at Brett's apartment as walking eighteen holes on a very hilly course would be too much for me.  It also gave me a chance to finish a couple of projects that Brett had asked me to help with while we were there.  Doug ran back to get me when Cam teed off on eight.  We made it to Cascades just as Cam made the turn.  He was happy to say that he had shot a 38 on the front nine.  We were both extremely impressed.

Cameron continued to play well on the back and Doug and I really enjoyed watching him.  He hit some fantastic shots and almost chipped it in out of the sand.  He finished the day with a 78 and until the last group reported, he was in third place.  He wasn't disappointed coming in fifth as that was his best finish ever in an Indiana Junior tournament.  Doug and I were pleased with how well Cam played, but the best part was afterward when the Grandma of one of the players in his group told us that she was extremely impressed with how helpful Cameron was to her grandson as it was his first tournament and he was nervous.  That was very nice to hear.







No comments:

Post a Comment