Monday, July 20, 2020

Back on the Links

Cameron had his fifth tournament of the year today at Pretty Lake Golf Club today.  He was excited about it as it was the toughest golf course that he would be playing this summer.  Doug dropped him off this morning and Meg and I arrived just as he was making the turn.  Grandpa had been there from the beginning and filled us in on the highlights of the front nine.  Cameron walked off nine green and was happy to report that he had shot a 41.  His goal was an 82 today, so we were happy to hear that.  He had started off with two birdies on the first three holes.  He said that being two under really made him nervous and that showed on the next few holes.

Cameron had a few three putts to start the back nine which really frustrated him and led to an errant sand shot and a triple bogey.  He said he had a really hard time focusing until fifteen when a sliced drive ended up slamming into my left hip.  I was completely caught off guard as I thought we were well hidden, but I must have stepped back when I heard the ball catch a few tree leaves.  The good news was that my body slowed it down enough that he stayed in bounds by a few inches.  Cam also said that it helped him to regain focus as well.  The bad news was that it really hurt.  Right before he hit I had gotten on Meg for standing a little too far out from the tree.  She said, "Oh, is it going to hit my Birkenstock."  Guess I proved her wrong, but I would have been ok not doing that.  The rest of the round went very well after that.  Cam ran in two nice putts, hit the ball well and finished the last four holes all with pars.  I was extremely impressed with that as they were the toughest holes on the golf course.  He didn't quite make his original goal, but was definitely pleased with an 83 and an 8th place finish.






No comments:

Post a Comment