Wednesday, July 1, 2020

"And Another One's Gone . . ."

Cal left tonight for the week.  His friends had made plans to be in town for the 4th of July and he wanted to spend time with them and Hannah Marie for the next few days.  Last year we hosted everyone, but with the pandemic we just weren't able to open up our house to them this summer.  Cal was alright with that as he realized that avoiding COVID-19 was a priority for our family.  I was sad to see him leave and started to cry, but he stopped me and said he wouldn't be gone that long.

Cal was right, but I still hated to see him go.  I appreciated that he asked me to watch Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday.  It was fun spending time with him and sharing one of my favorite movies with him.  He liked the movie a lot more than I thought that he would.  I have always been a big fan of Freddie Mercury and Queen.  I didn't realize that he like them as well.  Tonight before he left Cam, Cal and I had time to catch an episode of Scooby Doo and Laff-A-Lympics together.  I was glad that he made time for us this week.  I know he will enjoy his friends and we will see him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment