Monday, July 27, 2020

Swap Meet

Since the pandemic started we have played a lot of Wii.  Meg has stated several times that we are the only family that plays the Wii more than any other video systems.  She is probably right, but I still enjoy it.  Mario Kart used to be the game that we chose to play the most.  Although I am not great at it, I have gotten better over the past few months.  Balance Boat was another game that we played quite a bit and in all honesty it was probably my favorite.  Meg prefers Island Board Game, but that one is a little too long for me.

The game that the three of us can always agree on is Swap Meet.  Lately, we have played it almost daily.  The mini games range from running through a street full of rams to get to the finish line to playing tag with zombies.  I rarely come close to Cam and Meg's scores, but have fun trying to beat the computer Mii while Meg and Cameron battle it out for first.  Even though Cameron wins the majority of the time and Meg is sure that the game is rigged, it has been a lot of fun to play.  I also think that it is funny that we know all of the Mii characters by name including the computer ones.  Just like in real life there are some that we like and some that we do not.  In addition to the computer generated ones Meg, Cam and Nick have made several new Miis, so they usually pick a different character each time we play.  Meg has one for Rizzo and Cam made another named Atmo.  We have Nick's dog Millie as a Mii and a couple of sketchy characters with two sets of eyes or none at all.  Even with all of the new ones, my favorite has remained Flubbs.  He doesn't seem to mind coming in third or fourth, which is where I tend to place, and until their is a return of Joe DeVoe, I'll keep trying to make a winner out of him.  It's been fun playing so much Wii during this time period in our life.  It has also been a nice break from reality.   I know I will miss our late afternoon Swap Meet matches once Meg returns to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment