Monday, April 27, 2020

Surprise Visitors

It was a typical "quarantine" afternoon for Meg, Cameron and I.  They were working on their e-learning assignments and I was paying bills.  All of a sudden we heard a knock on the back door.  At first I thought that it was Cameron.  A lot of times he puts his hammock out in the backyard and sits in it while he completes his match assignement.  As I got up to open the door, all I could see was a weeding claw tapping on the window.  I knew it wasn't Cameron, but thought that Roger was in our backyard.  I had been out weeding in the front yard the other day and figured he had an easier way for me to do it.  

Instead, we were all shocked to see Grandpa Cutes standing on the back patio.  He and Grandma Jane had decided to go mushroom hunting in our lot.  Their outcome was the same as in previous years, finding nothing to speak of except for golf balls, but Grandpa did score big, however, locating one of our old bocce balls in the woods.  After they were done, Cam, Meg and I sat at the back table and visited with them from a safe social distance.  It was nice to catch up and Cam and Meg enjoyed telling them all of my crazy "Lysol" stories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment